Assam’s Directorate of Forensic Science has issued a job advertisement for 36 Scientific Assistant and 4 Junior Assistant positions. Candidates who intend to apply and are qualified may do so. Check out: govt job news assam here
Forensic Science Recruitment 2021
No of posts: 36
- UR: 16
- OBC: 9
- SC: 2
- STH: 2
- STP: 3
- EWS: 4
- Regional Forensic Science Laboratories: 24
- Mobile Forensic Laboratories: 7
- Directorate of Forensic Science, Kahilipara, Guwahati: 5
- Sc. in Chemistry. [Category I]
- Sc. in Botany/ Zoology/ Anthropology (Physical)/ Biotechnology. [Category II]
- Sc. in Physics/ Electronics/ Instrumentation [Category III]
Pay: PB-2 Rs 14000 to 60500 + GP Rs 7600/-
No of posts: 4
- UR: 3
- STH: 1
Educational Qualification: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized university. The candidate must have a minimum of 6 months of computer proficiency graduation from a recognized institute. They should be familiar with office productivity software tools such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, and the concepts of databases, the Internet, and e-mail, among other things.
Pay: PB-2 Rs 14000 to 60500 + GP Rs 6200/-
Other criteria of Forensic Science Recruitment
Employment Exchange Registration Certificate: The candidate must have registered their names in any Assam employment exchange.
Age Limit: The candidate for the position of Scientific Assistant or Junior Assistant must be between the ages of 21 and 40 as of January 1, 2021.
Age Relaxation: The upper age limit relaxation is as follows:
- OBC: 3 years
- SC/ST: 5 years
How to apply for Forensic Science Recruitment
Candidates must apply in the stipulated Standard Form of Application, which may be found in Part-IX of the Assam Gazette, to the address shown below:
Directorate of Forensic Science, Assam,
Kahilipara, Guwahati — 781019.
The name of the position being sought should be superscripted on the application envelope.
- Along with the application, applicants must provide self-attested copies of the following papers.
- A recent passport-sized picture is required.
- Certificates of educational attainment.
- Certificate of Caste (In case of reserved category candidates).
- Wherever relevant, a birth certificate (for age proof).
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category certificate from an authentic authority, if applicable).
- The applicant who is already employed should be aware that the competent authority can provide authorization to present in the selection exam.
- One self-addressed envelope (about 27cm x 13cm) with a Rs. 5/- (Rupees five) postal stamp.
- PIN code must be given while filling out the current Location for communication (HOUSE No. if applicable)
The application period will begin on October 6, 2021. The deadline for applying is October 29th, 2021.
Selection Process of Forensic Science Recruitment
Candidates whose applications are approved will be required to take a written exam as well as a skill test (skill test — only for those who pass the writing test).
The scheme of the examination is as mentioned below:
|Post||Subjects||Written Test||Skill Test||Total Marks|
|Scientific Assistant||Concerned subjects, General Knowledge, General English||75||25||100|
|Junior Assistant||General Knowledge. General English, Quantitative aptitude, and knowledge of computer||100||50||150|