Time management is a vital aspect when working on a project. It stands true for both students and professionals in the corporate world. For the latter, this appropriate control of the assigned tasks forms the basis of trust between employee and employer.
Thus, task management forms an essential part of one’s working life. Workload segregation and organization through the allocated timeslot becomes crucial, be it for simple jobs or complex and significant ones.
How Can One Manage Their Tasks?
There are various ways to ensure proper management of all facets of a job. Technological advancements have brought us several productivity tools, employee monitoring software, and time tracking apps that assist in project tracking and administration.
The following are five such project tracking tools:
- Wrike: It has a spreadsheet feature that helps you to maintain the details of your tasks systematically.
- Trello: This project management software offers an uncomplicated and flexible platform to organize your tasks at every workflow stage. They can be integrated with the available time tracking tools and shared with others to maintain the records of an entire team.
- FreedCamp: It has a customized dashboard feature that permits you to add and maintain the flow and progress of various projects at once without them mixing up.
- ClickUp: This software gives you a personalized view of your tasks and has a direct interface. It segregates and organizes the tasks on your dashboard, allowing you to choose from any of them at any time.
- Asana: It provides various features for the uncomplicated progress of group tasks by breaking them down. Teammates can distribute these broken segments between themselves and view them from the dashboard.
What are the Uses of a Project Management Software?
There are multiple needs for project management software. Some of them include:
- Resource allocation: A project is not a small job that merely one or two people can do. Hence, it is essential to break it down into smaller tasks manageable by different individuals. Project management software help in the distribution of the work evenly between all members of the team. It helps a lot when they cannot meet face-to-face to plan and discuss the details of the project.
- Project Progress Tracking: They help you plan a task right from its initial stages and track its progress. It helps warn the team members when they are veering off-track and maintain a steady advancement towards the goal.
- Time Management: Project management software help in assigning a particular time duration for each task to ensure no overall delay in the project progression.
- Access to Files: They store all the documents related to the project at hand in a protected manner that only team members can access at any time.